I’ve finally concluded on the series of the location-based texts from my nearly 8 months trip in Latin Americas. Such occasion presents me with an opportunity to thank all of the 1746 of you for reading at least some of those sixty-odd texts presented on Along The Line. Please note that I have decided to keep this site alive. I am however afraid that it required re-branding and migration to wordpress.org.
Along The Line is dead, long live its successor Quaint Planet. So if you have enjoyed my articles, please stay tuned to Quaint Planet. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr or Twitter, in case you have found my articles interesting.
I understand that there are hundreds of other sites that are covering the same subjects and locations – out of which, unlike me, many operate with proper budget and marketing tools – so the fact that you have picked some of my articles extends my gratitude even further. I do hope that you have enjoyed your reading 😉
My route and links to locations covered so far
Santiago de Chile ► Valparaíso ► Santiago de Chile ► Punta Arenas – Ushuaia – Punta Arenas ► Puerto Natales – Torres del Paine – Puerto Natales ► El Calafate (Perito Moreno Glacier, Arg) ► El Chaltén (Los Glaciares National Park) ► Los Antiguos – Chile Chico (Ch) – Puerto Rio Tranquillo (Marble Caves) ► Coyhaique – Puyuhuapi – Coyhaique (Carretera Austral) ► Puerto Chacabuco ► Quellón/Castro ► Puerto Varas – San Carlos de Bariloche (Arg) ► Buenos Aires ► Colonia (Ur) ► Montevideo ► Punta del Diablo – Cabo Polonio ► Montevideo ► Salto ► Concordia (Arg) ► Puerto Iguazú (Iguazú Falls) ► Salta ► San Salvador de Jujuy ► Tilcara ► San Pedro de Atacama (Ch) ► Uyuni Salt Flats Tour (Bol) ► Uyuni ► Sucre – La Paz (Death Road Tour) ► Copacabana (Lake Titicaca) – Isla del Sol – Copacabana ► Cusco (Per) ► Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu) ► Cusco ► Lima ► Máncora – Montañita (Ecu) ► Puerto López ► Quito ► Ipiales (Col) – Pasto ► Tatacoa Desert – Bogotá – Villa de Lleyva – Medellín ► Santa Marta – Cartagena – Rincón del Mar Necoclí ► Capurganá ► Puerto Obaldía (Pan) ► Panama City ► Las Lajas ► Cerro Punta ► David ► Bocas del Torro ► San José (Costa Rica)► San Juan del Sur (Nic) – Ometepe ► Granada ► Managua – El Rama – Bluefields – Corn Islans – Bluefields – Managua ► Léon ► El Tunco (El Salvador)► La Antigua Guatemala – Lake Atitlán ► Lanquín (Semuc Champey) – Flores (Tikal) ► Belize City ► Bacalar – Tulum – Playa del Carmen – Valladoid – Cancún.
Some practical info for a traveller in Latin America
- Budget: in case you were interested, here‘s an article listing the country-by-country basic expenses for a traveller in Latin America
- Transport: Information, safety and some other practical advices regarding the public transport in Latin America can be found here
- ATM withdrawal charges: Some practical info, including the list of free-of-charge ATMs in Latin America can be found here
- Border fees: To find out how much will you have to pay to enter or exit certain countries in Latin America, please click here
- Packing list: What to take with you for an extended trip as well as some security tips could be found here
- Pre-trip preparations: Few things you can do ahead of time before you’ll become frantically busy prior to your departure are listed here
Love, peace and understanding ;jb